NOTICE: We are aware the system has been affected by the volume of applicants. The application site will be up and running by 4pm 19 August (SA time), and will stay open for applications till 11pm (SA time) tomorrow 20 August. Thank you for your patience! If you still experience difficulty we suggest you clear your history and cookies. Please keep in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Canon Collins Trust seeks to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in Southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
In 2015 the Trust revised its South African scholarship awards policy. We now offer scholarships only to those studying in three areas:
- Justice, which includes Law, Economics, Politics and the Environment
- Education: policy and practice
- Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
Applications for courses that are not within these areas (for example MBAs, medical sciences, sports sciences, applied sciences) will be rejected.
Are you eligible?
In addition, to be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- be normally resident in one of the above countries
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university
Please download and read the guidelines carefully before applying for this scholarship.
What we offer
IIn 2020, the value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances. We support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
We also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
Eligible applicants will automatically be considered for these named scholarships:
How to apply
We are now accepting applications. You can access the online application form through the link below.