Canon Collins invites applications for Thekgo Bursaries. These bursaries are for registration fees for courses at postgraduate and undergraduate level in the following disciplines:
- Languages and Literature
- Media Studies
- Gender Studies
- Arts (Digital Arts, Drama/Performance Studies, Visual Arts/Fine Arts, History of Art, Film and Television Studies, Music)
In 2017 these bursaries will only be awarded to students studying at public universities in the Eastern Cape; Cape Peninsula University of Technology, University of Fort Hare, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Rhodes University and Walter Sisulu University of Technology and Science.
Applications for courses that are not within these areas will be rejected.
Are you eligible?
To be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in any African country.
- be accepted to study at a university in the Eastern Cape, South Africa in 2017, for a full-time programme. Applicants must be in their first year.
- be able to demonstrate academic merit
- be studying a course within one of the areas listed above
- be able to demonstrate financial need
Please download the guidelines here, and read them carefully for further information.
What we offer
In 2017 the Thekgo group will select up to 4 applicants for awards of up to R7500 per student, towards their first year’s registration fees.
How to apply
We are now open for applications, Please download the application form here, save a copy on your computer before filling it in. Read the guidelines carefully before applying. The application form must be submitted by email to email@example.com by Monday 12 December 2016, along with your supporting documents.