Canon Collins Trust acts as a nominating agency for Commonwealth Scholarships. We annually nominate 14 individuals for fully-funded Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s or PhD study at any UK university. In 2018 scholarships are offered under six development themes and all candidates must apply under one of these themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Are you eligible?
To apply for this scholarship through Canon Collins Trust you must:
- Be a national of, or have refugee status, and be permanently resident in one of the following countries: Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia
- Be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Be applying for a full-time masters or PhD at a UK university
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Not have already started studying towards a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at a UK university before September/October 2018
For full eligibility criteria please see the Commonwealth PhD scholarship Terms and Conditions or the Commonwealth Master's scolarship Terms and Conditions. The CSC is commited to administering and managing its scholarships in a fair and transparent manner. For further information, see the CSC anti-fraud policy.
For more information, please read the information on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission Website.
How to apply
This scholarship is now open for applications. All applications for Commonwealth Scholarships in the UK should be made via the Electronic Application System (EAS). Upon registration, please select 'United Kingdom' as the country of your nominating agency and then choose Canon Collins Trust from the drop-down menu. Please only select Canon Collins Trust as your nominating agency if you meet all the eligibility criteria listed above.
The deadline for applications is 23:59 (GMT) on 22 February 2018.