Canon Collins Trust acts as a nominating agency for Commonwealth Scholarships. We annually nominate 14 individuals for fully-funded Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s or PhD study at any UK university.
Are you eligible?
To apply for this scholarship through Canon Collins Trust you must:
- Be a national of, or have refugee status, and be permanently resident in one of the following countries: Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia
- Be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Be applying for a full-time masters or PhD at a UK university
For full eligibility criteria please see the Prospectus.
For more information, please read the information on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission Website.
How to apply
We are currently closed for applications. When we are accepting applications you must apply through the Commonwealth Electronic Application System (EAS).
The EAS will reopen for applications in early September 2016. You must submit your application by 15 November, when the EAS closes.
In order to identify Canon Collins as your nominating agency you need to select ‘UNITED KINGDOM’ as the country you are applying from. This is because Canon Collins is based in the UK and nominates individuals eight different countries. You will then be able to see Canon Collins Trust on the drop down list under ‘Nominating Agency you are applying from’
- Please do not apply through us unless you meet the eligibility criteria above.
- To identify Canon Collins Trust as the nominating agency, you must say you on the form that you are applying from the “United Kingdom”. Canon Collins Trust will then appear as an option under the ‘nominating agency’ category.
- You must apply to your chosen university separately and awards are conditional on your being offered a place.
- It is not a requirement to include IELTS certification with your application to the Canon Collins Trust. However successful applicants from Mozambique will be required to complete an IELTS test. Nominated applicants will be provided with further information following completion of the assessment process. IELTS testing will be organised and funded by the Commission.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.