Advocating on behalf of institutionalised children
University College Cork
- Having been awarded a Kader Asmal Fellowship, Gertrude completed a Masters in Social Policy with First Class Honours at University College Cork.
- In 2016 she was awarded the Hong Kong PhD fellowship in Sociology and Social Policy.
- Gertrude is currently involved in sociological research on children living in institutions and care leavers in Zimbabwe, with the aim of investigating the meaning of ‘family’ as constructed by children and care leavers, in the context of family separation.
- She is passionate about institutionalised children and care leavers in Zimbabwe, advocating for family and community based care.
- Connect with Getrude on Twitter and Linkedin
- Gertrude’s publication on ‘Factors Influencing the transition from institutional care to independence for young care leavers in Harare can be accessed here.
Having been awarded 3 academic scholarships.
Sociology and Social Policy.