Addressing child and adolescent mental health
University of Ulster
- Ashanti hails from Sebokeng township in the Vaal area of South Africa, but is now settled in the UK.
- She was awarded a Canon Collins Scholarship to study for her PhD in Psychology Research at Ulster University in Ireland. Her research focused on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders amongst children in South Africa.
- Ashanti currently works as an Addiction Psychologist.
- She travels frequently to South Africa spending her time working with schools and hospitals, sharing information and supporting teachers and mental health professionals who work with vulnerable youth.
- Ashanti is currently completing an MSc in Child and Adolescent Mental Health.
Receiving support from the UK Department of Education to conduct research on the association between ADHD and Substance Misuse Disorder (SD) in Adolescents
Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Substance Misuse Disorder in Adolescents and Adults.