- Anele was born and raised in Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa.
- Overcoming the struggles of his disempowered family background and community, Anele become the first member of his family to graduate from university.
- Anele was awarded the Canon Collins Trust Scholars’ Scholar Award to study a Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology. This award was made by Canon Collins Alumni to Anele as the most promising young scholar working in the field of psychology in 2013.
- Anele is now a qualified and practicing clinical psychologist.
- He has written widely on issues of male circumcision and initiation rites in the Eastern Cape.
- Follow Anele on Twitter.
Completing an MA in Clinical Psychology and contributing an academic book chapter that is currently under review for publication.
Anele is particularly interested in African scholarship and critical indigenous methodologies. He is also interested in clinical and mental health interventions and policy development.